AngelStep® GOLD 8 Underlay
The AngelStep® range is an acoustic underlay for the treatment of Impact and airborne noise transfer.
AngelStep® construction combines a highly effective support and cushion. It provides maximum performance for minimum thickness combining an impact and vibration damping and sound absorber.
The resilient polyester core layer absorbs impact energy and residual airborne noise from above and below, transforming wave vibrations into heat energy. The ‘decoupled flexible floating’ top noise barrier greatly reduces airborne sound waves noise above or below the floor - and complies with the Building Code of Australia in respect to separating floors between adjoining dwellings. When AngelStep® is installed, it delivers optimum performance and comfort for both resident and neighbours alike
Compared to products made by others, Acoustica’s AngelStep range of underlays have been shown in independent comparison tests to offer a more effective acoustic treatment, a thinner solution, that is also cost effective.
The unrivalled performance of AngelStep® GOLD 8 was designed for use in apartments and townhouses, upmarket housing and professional office and consulting suites where discerning buyers expect performance beyond that mandated by the minimum requirements of the BCA.
The performance of AngelStep® GOLD 8 is due to its unique and patented construction – a laminate of double needle punched high density sound absorbent polyester and a resilient ‘cross linked’ microcellular foam.
It is approx. 8mm thick & is supplied in tiles 1150x1150mm (1.3225m2)
Unlike competitive underlays AngelStep® GOLD 8 has been engineered as a universal underlay to deliver optimum acoustic performance according to the flooring type. Select installation option – of polyester side facing up/down or foil moisture barrier side facing up/down depending on end result required.
The product has been independently tested to achieve Lnt,w of 40 - equivalent to AAAC rating 6 stars:
- Independently tested by West and Associates Pty Limited document 14201 28/10/2014 = GOLD 8 + 15mm plywood + 15mm timber floor on a concrete slab with vermiculite result Lnt,w 36 = AAAC 6 stars
- Independently tested by Palmer Acoustics Australia Pty Limited document 3770 v.0 28/11/2014 = GOLD 8 + 14mm thick timber on a concrete slab result Lnt,w 40 = AAAC 6 stars
- Independently tested by Wilkinson Murray Pty Limited document 16195/270516BC 27/05/2016 = GOLD 8 + ply + 14mm engineered timber floor on a concrete slab with no ceiling cavity result Lnt,w 38 = AAAC 6 stars
- Independently tested by Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd 07/07/2016 to achieve AAAC 6 stars Lntw 35 in combination with AngelStep 630 (test conditions 15mm engineered oak floor on 2 layers of AngelStep GOLD 8 with AngelStep 630 between over concrete slab, 80mm cavity & 10mm plasterboard (report 20E-16-0089-TPR-456023-0)
- Independently tested by Vipac Engineers & Scientists Ltd 06/10/2016 to achieve AAAC 6 stars Lntw 40 with Novocore vinyl flooring over 200mm concrete slab with bare concrete ceiling (report 20E-16-0192-ADM-456564-0)