Quiet-Step Combi-Lay is a superior underlay, where reduced reflected foot noise and sound reduction in multi- story buildings are required. It is made of high density polyolefin copolymer resin which effectively reduces the hollow and often “clunky” foot noise associated with floating floors. Quiet-Step Combi-Lay addresses this key negative of floating floor installations, while performing all the tasks of a superior quality underlay including a continuous damp proof*.
Quiet-Step Combi-Lay is the first floating floor underlay in Australia to take reflected foot noise seriously. Independent University tests show a 30% or more reduction in reflected foot noise for the user, while the underlay has achieved an excellent L’ntw + C1 = 43 rating in multi-story applications.
The integrated damp proof removes the need for additional damp proof layers in most instances*, while the products strength and lay flat characteristics make it a pleasure to install.
Quiet-Step Combi-Lay Benefits
- 30% reduction in reflected foot noise compared to normal underlays
- easy to handle
- continuous damp proofing in one application*
- integrated peel and stick strip
- lay flat polymers for easy installation
- super tough tear resistance to tools and boots
- will not hold water, and will not mildew
- compatible with standard trims
- l’ntw + c1 = 43. this is a site specific test result and complies with Bca multi-storey requirements. test report available upon request
- reflected foot noise: Reduction – 30%
- field impact isolation class: ISO 717/2 – 64 Thickness supplied: ISO 1923 – 2mm
- water vapour trans. rate: ASTM E96 – 1.7 g/m 2.24hr
- Water absorption 28 days: JIS 6767 – 0.03mg/cm2
- compr. creep (thickness loss): 8hrs – 0.1%
- 23C at 20 kPa load: 408hrs – 0.6% ( 10,000hrs – 2%)
- compr. strength (25%): ISO 844 – 70kPa
The underlay by which all other underlays are measured when looking to reduce walk sound and minimize multi- storey noise.
1 roll: 20 m² or 50 m²